Sunday, April 5, 2009

Coldplay - Viva La Vida Or Death and All His Friends

As of tomorrow I will be checking into a rehabilitation facility, my diagnosis: addiction to the familiar drug/band Coldplay.

That being said, I've been listening to a ton of Coldplay lately, not just early, "Yellow" or "In My Place" Coldplay, but their whole catalog in its entirety.

They say addiction to some things acts as a gateway drug, well I'm glad to say my addiction lead my to stumble upon the most recent and yet most overlooked album from the British rock act, Coldplay.

"Viva La Vida Or Death and All His Friends," the fourth album from the band has so much more to offer than meets the eye.

I will hands down agree with most critics and fans alike that say the album didn't produce that hit track or emotionally connecting song, but at the same time it offered musicianship, art and storytelling.

I didn't know, "Life in Technicolor," a song without lyrics, could make such a lasting impression and great start to an album in this day and age.

Songs like, "42," "Loves In Japan" and "Death and All his friends" have for the most part have been overlooked by many and I strongly encourage you to take another listen.

The rhythm changes and array of instruments on "Viva La Vida Or Death and All His Friends" are an eclectic mix, this we know, but they end up working out extremely well.

Some bands best works can be found in the cracks and seems of an artist's music catalog.

"Viva La Vida Or Death and All His Friends" may be a collection of "Deep Cuts," but true beauty lies beneath, so give this album another try, I promise it won't disappoint.

42 Live:



Life In Technicolor ii live:

No comments: